When we do, we try to do good...

Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday

Had turkey at sherry's yesterday. It was really good. Samara and Donavan are going to my parents today for dinner (aparently). I was called a parenting nazi yesterday by my stepfather. He asked what time Samara went to bed on the weekends adn I told him 7. So now I am "like the germans" in his words. (Pretty sure that an early bedtime doesnt QUITE equate with cultural genocide but hes the ex military type so guess hes right. (Sarcasm drippings and all)). She isnt even 5 yet (tomorrow lol). She has no interest in staying up on the weekdays let alone weeknights. If i let her stay up she would be tired and crabby on the weekdays getting up before 8. How would it be any different on the weekends? Not like my nearly 5 year old would sleep in or anything... Shes not 14. Anywho.

Noone believes they will take donavan so we shall see.

I really want to clean up. Genuinely... I need a hyposis book on not being a slob anymore!

I got a bunch of corny new music last night MWAHAH so i might try to clean to it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally understand. People look at me like I'm a horrible person when I tell them I put my kids to bed at 7. By then they're ready to go to bed anyway. The other night we told Ethan he could stay up and watch a movie and by 715-720 or so he was ready for bed and we shut the movie off...lol. I hate when people think its ok to tell someone how to raise they own kids. Somedays you just want to tell them to mind their own business...lol

Lisa said...

Samara's never asked either so why would i offer ;)

If I told my parents to myob there would be a war very quickly. LOL.

People should really be envying us. my kids go to bed and I ahve the whole evening to myself without haveing to stay up all night to get some time.

The Stiletto Mom said...

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving! Can't wait for November here so we can eat tons of turkey...I usually down about three plates full...yummmm....Hope you had a great holiday!

Lisa said...

Thanks :D:D and happy thanksgiving to come to you :):)

I didnt get enough of teh turkey i think so im planning on making a huge dinner sometime soon... maybe ill celebrate the us holiday too ;);)

Support Breastfeeding in Canada!

Amazon.com Products