When we do, we try to do good...

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Holy Crap.

I am SO incredibly broke.
WOW.
PAINFULLY BROKE. Painfully painfully. I mean i was broke last week after paying my rent (late) and having 71.00$ to my name to get what I needed. (It didnt stretch). but now I am even more broke... NO MONEY after I get Family allowance and I would ahve to stretch it FARTHER. UGH. Holy... Now would be a great time to win the lottery.

The one good thing is that for the first time since I ahve had a powerbill my bill is completely up to date... Once I make good on my $200.00 promise for eastlink it will be down to current month's bill... and my rent is paid up... so if i manage to pay rent on the last day of the month then it will be %100 good too... but looking at where I am right now it looks like that will be late... its the only place I can rob peter to pay paul... or jim... or john... or Mary... See the pickle I am in...

I cant even think to change teh topic and cheer this blog up... its teh type of situation where all I can do is sit back and fret about how incredibly broke I am... See me fretting??? fret fret fret...
If I had 5 bucks I would buy a tv bingo card for tomorrow in the hopes and praying to win... WOW. So broke... All I can do is keep saying "next month will be awesome becuase we're all caught up".

I think I am ready for some Buddha-licious quotes now...
(lol) >.<

2 comments:

Debra-Dawn said...

Today, Western philosophy and psychology have finally caught up with his insight: existentialism highlights the anguish of the human condition, and psychoanalysis traces neurosis, including the low-grade neurosis we call normality, back to anxiety. But why is it painful just to be a human being? What causes our anguish and anxiety? This is where Buddhism can carry the analysis one step further.
Money is both a religion and the negation of religion, because the money complex is motivated by our religious need to redeem ourselves (fill our sense of lack). In Buddhist terms, the demonic results from the sense of self trying to make itself real (that is, objectify itself) by grasping the spiritual in this world. This can be done only unconsciously, that is, symbolically. Today, our most important symbol is money.
Buddhism has always offered: not any quick fix that can be conditioned into us, but the personal transformation that occurs when we make the effort to follow the Buddhist path, which means learning how to let go of ourselves and die. Once we are dead, once we have become nothing and realize that we can be anything, we see money for what it is: not a symbolic way to make ourselves real to measure ourselves by, but a socially-constituted device that expands our freedom and power. Then e become truly free to determine our attitude toward it, toward getting it and using it. If we are dead, there is nothing wrong with money: not money but love of money is the root of evil. However, we also know that our essential nature does not get better or worse; just as it does not come or go, so it has nothing to gain or to lose. For those who do not experience themselves as separate from the world - as other than the world - the value of money becomes closely tied to its ability to help alleviate suffering. Bodhisattvas are not attached to it, and therefore they are not afraid of it; so they know what to do with it.

Debra-Dawn said...

BTW that was from

http://ccbs.ntu.edu.tw/FULLTEXT/JR-ENG/loy12.htm

Support Breastfeeding in Canada!

Amazon.com Products