When we do, we try to do good...

Sunday, July 6, 2008

It is Finally Over

My funk has lifted and I can go on being a good person again... Instead of a 2 headed dragon.

I have been so cranky with my friends and depressed in general for the past few weeks that I just wanted to stay in my little cocoon(sp). I didnt think it would be this bad but it is this bad and worse. Ive even been avoiding my friends facebooks, phonecalls, and blogs. Isnt that sad?

I hate that were stuck for teh summer. I SOOOO wanted a car before now. I even expected we would SOMEHOW have one. I couldnt face the idea of NO beach and NO camping all summer. My poor kids wont be able to experience my favourite activities this summer... I tried to make myself feel better by saying things like, "Well I have Iris's campout to look forward to...." and "Sherry will be going to Five Islands quite a bit this summer...."

The fact of that matter is Iris's campout is in August and ALL OF MY FRIENDS have albums after albums of camping pictures on FB. They are calling to tell me what a great time their babies had camping for teh first time.
And A) sherry hasnt seriously mentioned going to the beach yet and she is one of those gas conciencious(sp) people who see the price of gas and immediately say "Well, I guess we're not going anywhere this summer".

(Ill add a minor rant just for the sake of SCREAMING IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!:

So I am planning Kev and My little trip to whereever we can get with no car and kev mentions it to Sherry and she chats with me about the little places for a few minutes then she says, "I should plan my vacation soon... I'm thinking Upper Clements would be nice." Um OUCH. Upper Clements WOULD be nice. Thanks for teh reminder that I am having a shitty little summer.

Ive even been avoiding Krystle because ALL SHE TALKS ABOUT IS CAMPING and the BEACH. I cant take it... )

So why am I feeling that BIT better?

Kev and I are going to look into renting a cabin for a couple days. Ill have all the details tomorrow. It will be relaxing, romantic, time actually spent TOGETHER without the television, computer or video games. I cant wait. Once I get the information I am going to be planning EVERYTHING. Food and drinks to take, activities, I am SO excited. I can handle all of this shitty summer crap and really look forward to it. All of my days spent in my house, hateful and NOT CLEANING for the lack of energy or all of my days walking TO THE MALL to get out of my hot little house will be worth it becuase I (WE!) WILL have a good time. And I cant wait! I will be counting down the days!

1 comment:

Debra-Dawn said...

I understand completely.

Back when we had just Drew and Myles, Kyle and I went for over a year without a vehicle.

I talked to Kyle about it and if you and Kevin want to borrow the van some day next week so you can hang at the beach, that would be cool.

Gas prices suck and the van is a bit of a gas pig...

but you are welcome to use it...

:)

Support Breastfeeding in Canada!

Amazon.com Products