When we do, we try to do good...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

SERIOUSLY

I am a bit frustrated and really thinking about not logging onto Facebook again for a long time.

I am going to tell you all something that you can take whatever way you want. I DO NOT ENJOY SUBMITTING MYSELF TO THINGS THAT MAKE ME FEEL TERRIBLE. Makes sense I think.

Or not. I will elaborate.

For example. I do not watch Mississippi Burning, the colour purple, underground to canada, or any other those other movies centered around slavery and or cruelty. (With the BARELY exception of the racism in other movies such as Fried Green Tomatoes. (during which i leave the room probably). I like the idea around Casualties of war in that there was a sort of justice in teh end and michael J fox's character was such to be admired. I will never watch the movie again. EVER. I bought the movie sleepers years ago. I saw it when i was younger and thought it was a moving and powerful movie. Have I watched it since I bought it? No. I want to I jujst cant bring myself to do so. I love horror movies but hate the new genre of torture flicks that is replacing a good horror movie. It is one think to see teh big breasted chick scream in fear as she runs from Jason. Totally another to watch someone screaming in agony as they are tortured.

Understand now? I dont deny that there is bad in the world I just dont understand the need to revel in it. Seriously. It is my opinion and choice. Kev thinks it is wierd but it is me and I always have felt this way.

Which brings me to Facebook.

I totally understand the need to acknoledge child abuse and what happened to "Baby P" is the worst of it. The world should feel sorrow at what was done to that baby but I do not need it rubbed in my face. And I am at the point where I am angry and frustrated and ENRAGED at everyone who is doing just that. I didnt need to open facebook and see a detailed LIST of what was done becuase a contact of mine (not even a friend just someone who happened to add me) read it and commented on it.

what kind of bloodthirsty fucking society are we where someone would TYPE THAT OUT AND POST IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM?!?!?!??!!!! It disgusts me. Every person who read that disgusts me. Every person in every bloodthirsty group disgusts me.

I understand a memorial group etc but how are we remembering and honoring that sweet baby who lived and died when people are posting and reading that.

Do you turn and stare when you see a car accident in the hopes youll see blood?

Well I dont.

Have some fucking respect.




(I am not attacking my friends who read this. I am just so angry I needed to vent somewhere.)

1 comment:

steenky bee said...

I don't understand facebook. I am a horrible facebook friend. I'm a much better bloggy or IRL friend. I would just rather poke someone in real life than over the internet. Call me crazy.
Also, I totally back you on your rant.

Support Breastfeeding in Canada!

Amazon.com Products